The Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) are ecosystems of companies, researchers, accelerators and investors that aim at helping companies and organizations create the best conditions for durable success. They act as not-for-profit one-stop-shops where companies, especially SMEs and startups, and public organizations can get support for their digital transformation.
Thanks to the DIHs, companies have free access to services such as technology testing facilities, skills and training, financing advice, and networking within a digital innovation ecosystem.
Currently, more than 200 fully operational DIHs are contributing to increase digital capacities across every European region empowering digital innovation and the smart specialization strategies (RIS3) of the regions.
DIGITISING EUROPEAN INDUSTRY
DIHs have become a fundamental cornerstone in the Digitising European Industry initiative (DEI) of the European Commission and will play an important role in the European Multiannual Financial Framework for 2021-2027, facilitating the spread and accessibility to digital technologies. The EU will strengthen its commitment towards digitalization and DIHs from 2021 through:
- The Horizon Europe programme supporting the collaboration of innovative companies with DIHs to develop novel digital solutions for improving their businesses.
- The Digital Europe programme expanding the capacities of the DIHs, introducing the benefits of decisive digital technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and high-performance computing (HPC). This programme will reinforce the network of DIHs as follows:
– Giving support for one Digital Innovation Hub per region.
– Promoting co-investment with Member States, regions and
– Putting the focus on SMEs and public services.
– Focusing on applications that build on HPC, AI & Cybersecurity;
and on Digital Skills.
– Building a strong European network of Digital Innovation Hubs.
You can learn more about DIHs and how they can help your business here.